The Viper now uses our new and improved Twist Hubs! It also includes a JST-to-9V Adapter cable so you can power it with a 9V battery instead of a lipoly battery (saving you the cost of battery and charger until you are ready to upgrade!).
The Viper Combat Robot Kit comes with everything you need to get started in combat robotics.
- The custom-formed 6061-T6 Aluminum chassis has plenty of strength and space for additional components and upgrades.
- A 6-Channel radio transmitter and receiver pair leaves four channels free to add any active devices you desire. (Optional, in case you already have a radio.)
- Two FingerTech Silver Spark 33.3:1 ratio gearmotors with 2.25 inch Foam Wheels provide both speed and pushing power.
- Two FingerTech tinyESC speed controllers translate the radio receiver commands into motor movement and provide 5V power to the radio.
- Polycarbonate combat armor keeps the components safe.
The Viper kit is fully intended to be sawed, drilled, modified, and upgraded. Recommended for ages 10+ (6+ with a parent).
Its base weight is only 313grams (11.0oz) leaving 141grams (4.97oz) for additional parts if entering the Antweight (1lb) weight class (We don't recommend running the Viper in the beetleweight class versus 3x larger opponents!)INCLUDES
Chassis: 15gauge (1.45mm / 0.057in) 6061-T6 alloy Aluminum stamped and formed baseplate. Has mounting holes for motors, armor and add-on kits.
Motors: 2x 33.3:1 Silver Spark Gearmotors
Motor Controllers: 2x tinyESCs translate the radio commands into motor movement and power the receiver.
Wheels: 2x 2.25x0.75 Foam Wheels are soft and grippy. A direct hit will be absorbed and won't destroy your motors! Includes 3mm x 0.75 Twist Hubs and Twist Hub Key.
Battery: A JST-to-9V Battery Adapter is included for operating the Viper with a 9V battery. (9V battery not included.)
- One or two 9V batteries (two doubles run-time). We recommend Duracell Procell (PC1604) for over two hours of run time and bursts of 12A (using 2 batteries). Procell's can run a HXT12K servo at 1.5A continuous (while driving) for well over 15 minutes. (Robot matches are 3 minutes each.)
For maximum competitiveness, we recommend using the rechargeable 7.4V 300mAh Galaxy lipoly pack, available with Lipoly Charger separately.
Power Switch: A Switch/charge jack that you unplug to turn on. Comes pre-soldered with a female JST connector and includes a pair of Mini Terminal Blocks for making wiring connections.
Plug has male JST end for easily recharging the lipoly battery. (Do not attempt to recharge a 9V alkaline battery.)
Armor: 3mm (0.118in) thick front wedge and 1.5mm (0.059in) top armor made of high-strength polycarbonate.
Screws: Four 2-56x0.125 screws for mounting the motors. Ten 6-32x0.25 screws for fastening armor.
0.05" and 5/64 hex wrenches included for tightening screws and setscrews.
Instructions: Detailed instructions with many pictures and tips for getting more from your robot.
Body Width: 16.5cm (6.5in)
Length: 14cm (5.5in)
Body Height: 3cm (1.18in)
Weight: 313grams (11.04oz)
*Transmitter and receiver are required.
*The Viper can be run off a 9V battery (not included), but for maximum competitiveness we recommend using a lipoly battery. Lipoly Battery and Charger are available separately.
0-ft-kit-viper-v2Instruction Manual CAD File