The JRK 12v12 is a versatile, general-purpose motor controller that supports a variety of interfaces, including USB. The 6V to 16V operating range and high continuous output current of 12A (30A peak) allow this board to control many medium-sized DC brushed motors. Analog voltage and tachometer (frequency) feedback options allow quick implementation of closed-loop servo systems, and a free configuration utility (for Windows XP or Vista) allows easy calibration and configuration through the USB port.
Key improvements over competing products include:
USBconnectivity with emulated serial (COM) port allows direct motor control from a PC.
Ultrasonic PWM to eliminate switching-induced motor shaft hum or whine.
Robust, high-speed communication protocol with user-configurable error condition response.
High internal resolution (12 bits) for smooth and flexible calibration to various input and feedback devices.
Current sensing and limiting.
Reversed power protection.
Main Features of the JRK 12v12
- Simple bidirectional control of one DC brush motor.
- 6 V to 16 V operating supply range.
- 12 A maximum continuous current output (30 A peak).
- Four communication or control options:
- USB interface for direct connection to a PC.
- Full-duplex, TTL-level asynchronous serial interface for direct connection to microcontrollers or other embedded controllers.
- Hobby radio control (RC) pulse width (PWM) interface for direct connection to an RC receiver or RC servo controller.
- 0–5 V analog voltage interface for direct connection to potentiometers and analog joysticks.
- Two closed-loop feedback options:
- 0–5 V analog voltage.
- Frequency/tachometer digital input up to 2 MHz with 1 ms PID period.
- (Open-loop control with no feedback also available.)
- Simple configuration and calibration over USB with free configuration program (Windows XP and Vista compatible).
- Configurable parameters include:
- PID period and PID constants (feedback tuning parameters).
- Maximum current.
- Maximum duty cycle.
- Maximum acceleration.
- Error response.
- Input calibration (learning) for analog and RC control.
- Optional CRC error detection eliminates communication errors caused by noise or software faults.
- Reversed power protection.
- Field-upgradeable firmware.
- Optional feedback potentiometer disconnect detection.
|Motor Channels ||1 |
|Control Interface ||USB; non-inverted TTL serial; RC servo pulses; analog voltage |
|Operating Voltage ||6-16V |
|Continuous Output Current ||12A |
|Peak Output Current ||30A |
|Auto-detect Baud Rate Range ||300-115,200 bps |
|Available Fixed Baud Rates ||300-115,2000 bps |
|Available PWM Frequencies ||20 kHz, 5 kHz |
|Reverse Voltage Protection? ||Yes |
|USB Connector Style ||USB Mini-B |
|Size ||1.35 x 1.85 in. |
|Weight ||0.5 oz. |
The JRK ships with a 14x1 straight 0.100" male header strip and two 5mm, 2-pin terminal blocks. To provide maximum flexibility, none of these parts are soldered to the board.
For the most compact installation, you can solder wires directly to the JRK pads themselves and skip using the included hardware. The included hardware allows you to make less permanent connections. You can break the 14x1 header strip into an 8x1 piece and two 3x1 pieces and solder these strips into the JRK’s I/O pads.
Note: A USB cable is not included.
Overall Customer Rating of 1 Reviews: