Item #: T74
UPC: T74
Price: $351.34
    Points to Purchase: 50192
    Availability: Available
    Usually ships In 3-9 business days (sooner, if drop-shipped)

Quantity:
    A longer, more powerful version of the T64, it is a little faster and a lot more torque. This motor is a great choice for drive systems of 200-300+ pound robots. 1.469" diameter stub shaft with four mounting holes. The same size as the T64, but with 1" longer motor.

24V (can be run at 36)
    Reversible, Permanent Magnet
    14.4 pounds
    245rpm / 20:1 gear ratio

NPC-T74

CAD Drawing (NOTE: The T74 is 1in. longer than this drawing shows.)

Overall Customer Rating of 4 Reviews:

Rating:
    Pros:
    Cons:
    The motor worked quite well giving out lots of power. HOWEVER!!! when it got to the competition the wires attached to the motor itself melted in under 3 minutes creating a loss!! Its really sad to see a motor this good have cheep wires that melt!! Fixable Yes!

Rating:
    Pros:
    Cons:
    Excellent motor. Its a big pain to mount an encoder. I drilled a small hole in the back of the shaft and mounted a 3/16" shaft into it. I used loctite to make it stick. The encoder was then mounted on the small shaft. It is very hard to perfectly align the shaft so that it does not wobble. It would be really helpful, if the manufacturer extends the back shaft (there is enough room to do this).

Rating:
    Pros:
    Cons:
    Great motors. We've used 2 to power a 200# robot that tows 1500#, and can carry 500 on it's rack. Great output and very dependable!

Beefy, dependable motor.

Rating:
    Pros:
    Cons:
    I've purchased 10 of these motors over the years, and this has become our most trusted motor for quick robot builds. I have no hesitation buying more. It's quiet, dependable, and exceptionally beefy... perhaps too much so (see the amplifier issues below) Pros: - quiet operation - dependable. I've never had one break, and that's something I cannot say about most other motors. - has numerous mounting points on the body for many attachment options - can easily move hundreds of pounds - the output shaft has a convenient bolt pattern that is relatively simple to adapt to a direct-drive wheel/tread system Cons: - It's heavy. Wish there were a retrofit casing to replace the heavy standard casing. - It's so powerful that it will easily bend a frame if the frame isn't up to the torque output. - There's not an easy way to mount an encoder to this thing. This is a big frustration for using this on an autonomous robot. - wires seem under-rated as they heat up under moderate load. We replace them with welding cable immediately now. For this reason I've never run them more than 24V. - hard to find an amplifier strong enough to run them. We've been using the Roboteq 25xx series devices, and although the Roboteq manual specifically warns against motors larger than the current limit, we've noticed little problems as long as standard precautions are adhered to. But it will eventually blow the motor controller if startup/shutdown instructions in the Roboteq manual are not followed, for example if repeatedly switching on/off motor power using a battery disconnect instead of the proper enable/disable lines.