The Robot Power Scorpion XL is a perfect solution for those robots in the 1 to 12 pound classes. It may be used on robots up to 30 pounds or more, as long as the motor current limits are respected. By using the latest automotive-rated power chips the Scorpion XL is able to offer features, power handling and load protection unprecedented in any controller of this size.
The built-in drive and mixing functions allow an all-in-one solution for small robots previously unavailable at any price.
• Exponential Steering response option (helps with fine control)
• Left/Right Mix (default - one input acts as steering and one as throttle)
• Mixed Mirror Left (left mixed output sent to both output channels)
• Mixed Mirror Right
• Left/Right independent (Tank)
• Mirror (both outputs mirror a single input)
• Size: 2.7” x 1.6” x .5”
• Weight: 28 grams with servo leads and screw terminals installed
• Three R/C input leads for
- Left and Right Drive - fully reversible H-bridgechannels
- Flip Control - reverses controls if robot is flippedover (optional)
- Serial I/O - Flip input doubles as TTL serial I/O port
• 4.8V to 28V battery voltage
• 12.5A continuous current (45A peak) on each Left and Right drive channels.May be combined into a single 25A continuous forward/reverse channel. This isa real 12.5A rating i.e. you can put 12.5A through the output channels for severalminutes with higher peaks for a few seconds
• Full current limiting and over temp limiting. This thing is nearly blowproof!
• Surface mount drive chips mounted on the bottom of the board for reliabilityand to reduce the size of the unit
• Flip input reverses motor direction when the robot is inverted. May beoperated via an R/C channel or via a mechanical (gravity) or optical etc. switch
• 2 Indicator LEDs for Left/Right speed and direction. A status LED showsthe R/C signal status and other information
• Left/Right channel mixing is the default – many mixing modes areavailable set by jumpers
• Receiver battery eliminator circuit (BEC) standard – may be disabled.
• Failsafe shuts off motors if R/C signal is lost
• Calibration function to match Scorpion to your radio or other signal source- settings stored in EEPROM
• FLASH-based microcontroller with upgradeable software via in-circuit programmingheader
• Hardware support for I2C/SPI command interfaces
• Hardware support for analog current sensing
• Hardware support for dual-channel quadrature encoders
• Analog voltage feedback inputs built in