The Porters are tough, low cost, single direction controllers that can work from 12V to 48V without adjustment. Particularly suitable for karts, golf caddies, electric bikes, equipment handling, and industrial applications, they are designed to be simple to install and use, and have very simple wiring. They are also often used to give a soft start.
- Adjustable acceleration and deceleration ramps allow smooth, controllable performance.- Integral box and heatsink.
- Reverse polarity protection.
- Pot fault detection.
- 1 minute current 120A. Continuous current 100A [with suitable extra heatsink].
- Regenerative braking.
- Input 4k7 ohm to 20k ohm potentiometer, direct voltage control, or PWM control by Pi or Arduino etc.
- Can accept a Hall effect throttle on 12v or 24v [10mA max, contact support for use on higher voltages].
|Nominal voltage range||12 – 48|
|Minimum / maximum voltage||10 – 55|
|Motor current A [max]||190|
|Motor current A [1 minute]||120|
|Motor current A [continuous]||100 [depends on mounting / cooling]|
|Half speed reverse||n/a|
|Dimensions [mm]||136 x 62 x 35|
|Power connections||6.3mm push-on blades|
|Input||5k to 25k pot, 0 – 4V, Hall effect 6mA max @48V|
|Reverse polarity protection||Y|
|Over voltage protection||Y [68V]|
|Under voltage protection||Y [8V]|
|Pot fault protection||Y [>50k]|
|Current limit – drive||Y|
|Current limit – regen||n/a|
|High pot lockout||N|
|Selectable dual ramp reversing||n/a|
|Ramping||Acceleration and deceleration adjustable between 0.1S and 5S|
|Powerdown state (motor)||Diode|
|Switching frequency||20 kHz|