Your cart is empty!
These 175A connectors are the Bees Nees lol. Strong locking and clean looking these handel the high power of my amplifiers. I only use Anderson.
We bought several dozen of these to allow quick swap of our batteries, and have mixed feelings about them. See the negative at bottom... because of this, we'll not be buying these any more.Pros:- Clearly made to handle tons of current. We never saw any heating or arc damage to any connectors.- Relatively easy to assemble- No question that they will stay together (takes a good amount of pull to get them apart)Cons:- Need an industrial "bolt-cutter" type crimper to correctly assemble these... soldering alone doesn't work for the current going through them.- VERY bulky... look carefully at the size before ordering. When we added them to our batteries, the assembled connectors were roughly the size of the batteries, and difficult to place inside the robot.- Order lead time was quite large compared to other connectors we've ordered.- Color choices?THE WORST ISSUE: After we had connected/disconnected them a few times (around 10), we found that it would get harder/harder to connect them again, to the point where it became nearly impossible to connect them ever again. We found that once the connectors became even a little loose after use, the design of the electrical leads inside causes interference with the plastic housing of the mating connector. Worse, in this condition, the process of connecting them together causes the plastic to be further blunted, reinforcing interference for the next time it is assembled. Eventually we found that NO AMOUNT OF HUMAN FORCE COULD PUSH THEM TOGETHER. By prying fingers inside the terminal leads (to flex the internal terminals away from the interference point) and applying almost all the force possible, you MIGHT be able to snap them together. And of course, it was a gussing game to figure out which of the four leads was the one interfering with the opposite housing. It tooks us a good 2 to 3 hours to find this method, and of course this was in the middle of a competition where that time was precious. Even after we learned this "trick", we found that it would take at least 10 minutes to get them connected right. Worse, when snapping together under such force, it was common to catch skin between the connectors, giving at least one team member a nice scar.We like these units when they are connected, and they will probably work nice if you aren't going to connect/disconnect more than a few times. But because we can't trust that we'll be able to reconnect our robot after repeated disconnects, we will be removing them from our bot and won't be buying these again.